Friday, April 23, 2010

Stay true to your path

"But how will we know if we're on the right path?" a little soul says from the back of the room. We all nod in agreement. We have been wondering this same question for some time.

The Instructor smiles before speaking, "That is an interesting question." He says as he readjusts his wings so he can lean against his desk at the front of the room.

We all wait for him to continue.

"The interesting thing about following your path, is, that you will understand when you are not on it."

He waits with a big smile, but we are all confused.

"So we won't know when we're on our path?" I say before another little soul can verbalize the same question.

The Instructor laughs.

"When you are distracted from your life's mission; essentially, when you are not on your path, you will feel a grave discomfort in your Earthly life."

My eyes widen. I have no idea what a 'grave discomfort' is. But it sounds extremely dangerous.

The Instructor senses our confusion over the words he has used, so he claps his hands and attempts to explain again.

"There is truth and light...and its opposite. Correct?"

We all nod. The truth is the light. The darkness is the opposite. We all understand this concept.

"Very good," coaxes our Instructor when he sees we are following. "So, when you are not following your truth, or your path -- then we have the opposite. Correct?"

We all nod. This is making sense.

"So," continues our Instructor, "If you are not following your truth, the opposite will present itself in what form?"

I think I know the answer, but I don't want to say.

"What is the opposite of the light?" says our Instructor.

"Darkness," we all say in unison.

"And what is the same as the light?" asks our Instructor.

"Truth." we all say in unison again.

"So what will you experience if you are not following your truth...?" he says and leans closer to us to see if someone will speak out.

"The darkness?" I say shyly.

"Exactly!" he says with a big smile. "Sometimes when we leave our path, we experience darkness."

I raise my hand.

"Yes," says our Instructor.

"But..." I start, "I also thought that when we are true to our mission, our...path...that the darkness will try to stop us?"

We are all very confused.

Our Instructor nods. This is definitely above our level of understanding.

"Ah, yes." says our Instructor, "This is true because Earth is infected with darkness, so -- as the light, it is your job to stay true to your life's mission to combat this. If you sway from your mission you will be vulnerable to the darkness. However, if you are true to you mission -- the darkness will seek you out, but and this is very very important to remember: the darkness can never snuff out the light. So, you must stay true to your mission. Understand?"

We all nod, but I think only some of us get it. I just know that the only way to protect myself from the darkness is to remember to stay true to my path; because the path is the light. And darkness is no match for the light.

I think.