Sunday, March 21, 2010

When Evil approaches

"When you are down on Earth, things will happen to you that will try to steer you off course," the Instructor tells us as he waives his hand in the air and motions for us to activate our sensors.

I pull mine out of my desk and place it on the right side of my head. The little soul beside me laughs. She likes feeling Earthly emotions.

"Now, has everyone activated their sensors?" the Instructor asks. We all signal affirmation by either nodding or using our joined consciousness.

"Very good, let's begin."

A moment later our Instructor begins to explain situations to us that might happen on Earth. The sensors are a simulator for how we might 'feel' when we're down there. We're told that they are only a replication, and that our Earthly feelings in our Earthly bodies will be 10 000 times greater that what we experience in our lessons.

I don't know what "10 000" means, but I imagine that it means we will have more of a difficult time than what our lessons try to prepare us for.

"When the darkness, or Evil as it is called on Earth -- when Evil approaches it has but one objective: to engulf you and deter you from your mission."

My sensor doesn't really offer me much exposure to Earthly feelings, but the other little souls are having stronger reactions -- and I can sense theirs. I wiggle in my seat because I don't really like these types of lessons.

I think about the darkness, and how it grows. I think about how it couldn't possibly be stronger than me or my will. I think about how nothing the Evil could do can stop me from reaching out to my lost brothers and sisters below.

"The greater your mission," the Instructor says and looks directly at me, "the greater the Evil that will try and stop you."

The other little souls all turn to look at me. Some smile. Some stare and try to understand what our Instructor is saying to me.

I start to think that maybe the other little souls must not have as great a mission as I do, and maybe that's why the Earthly sensors don't work on me as well as they work on them? Maybe I'm stronger than they are?

I smile, and they all smile back and then return their gazes towards our Instructor who is still looking at me.

I smile at him. A moment later he continues with our lesson.

I have a great mission! The Great Being has given me strength so I can help our fallen brethren!!

My soul fills with love at the thought of this.

But then I remember what our Instructor said, the greater the mission -- the greater the evil, and I pause,

Because it means that a greater Evil is waiting for me on Earth.