Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The first 10 pages

"You seem distracted, everything alright?" my agent says, and ricochet's me back from my zombie-like daydream. I turn away from the window and walk back to my seat in front of his desk.

"Sorry," I say "I guess I have a lot on my mind."

He puts the opening to my movie down and says with a big smile, "I love it!"

"Thank you" I say. I am tired. Pumping out the first few pages have been hell; especially since I'm worried about Dina-Pina. My stomach has been off since that night -- and, I just don't feel like myself. Like I'm suffering from some sort of jet lag. Like the world is this murky haze-filled representation of itself. Like I'm only 75% here.

"Wow," says my agent as he walks over to a pitcher of water and pours me a glass. "You really are tired," he says as he hands it to me. I like this glass. I think it might be crystal.

"I'm sorry, I think I might be coming down with something." I reply.

"Well, we can do this another time. I think you're fine to send these off. I'd love to do lunch later on this week and find out what happens next. Thursday good?"

I nod, take another sip of water and stand. I tell him 'thanks again' and apologize for being so out of it. He tells me not to worry about it, and he's look forward to lunch after I'm all rested up.

And so, I walk out down the long corridor to the main elevators. At least, I'm pretty sure I did. I'm so tired that by the time I'm back in the car, I have barely any recollection of what just happened.