Friday, March 19, 2010

That Moment

"How long have you been writing?" he says.

We're standing in very close proximity of each other, and despite the hundreds of people at this swanky pool party; it's like there's only the two of us there.

"Off and on for a few years, but I've really only been serious about it for the last couple of years." I say, and then look down because I think I'm blushing.

I like this guy. He's got that cool attitude of someone who is really confident with who he is, and I'm completely drawn to it. Plus, he's down to earth, and that just makes my knees quiver.

And, he smells good.

I smile as I listen to him talk. I have no idea what he's saying because my stomach is in knots and I'm completely overwhelmed by the emotions that are taking over. I like him so much that I'm beyond being self-conscious in my Kim Kardashian get up. He makes me feel comfortable. I don't want to talk to anyone else tonight.

Alex winks at me from across the pool. He has his arm around some actress. She looks so familiar, but I can't remember where I've seen her before. I raise my martini glass back at him and Dana draws me back into the conversation.

"Alex is good people," he says. I think they're really good friends. I like Dana so much that I don't even care that he has a unisex name. He makes it sexy.

"I'm naming my first born Alex," I say with an awkward laugh. I've used that joke a million and one times...why can't I pull up some new material?

Concentrate!

I can't concentrate. All I can think about are the next few moments with Dana. Spending the rest of the night talking. Walking arm and arm barefoot on a beach during sunset. Our honeymoon in Fiji...

Did I just scream out loud?

"Come, I want to show you something." he says. He grabs my hand, and it takes everything in me not to buckle over and fall into the pool from excitement.

My hand just feels right in his. I grab another martini as we walk towards the back of the party, past the hot tub and towards the overhang that looks over the skyline. It's breathtaking.

"It's amazing," I say.

And then that moment happens. That moment, when time stands still; and the air between you gets sucked away -- and breathless, your heart skips a beat as you lean in to kiss.

And it's perfect.