Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Maybe I'm a little scared...

The Instructor stands at the front of the classroom, but I gaze off into the heavens. All the other little souls are excited, I can feel their energy flowing through me, just the same way that they can feel my distraction.

"Ahem," The Instructor clears his throat and I break my gaze, smile, and look towards the front of the classroom.

Today's lesson is on the concept of secularity. We have to be prepared for the disconnect and isolation we will feel when we go down to Earth.

"Can someone explain to me what they think 'individual' means?" The Instructor asks the room. My eyes wander again back towards the heavens -- watching the purple and pink lights dance above me. I don't know how any of the other little souls can pay attention when the lights are so magnificent...

"It's because we need to learn this," whispers a little soul that sits to the left of me.

"I know," I whisper back.

Just then, the glass ceiling above me begins to fog over, and the heavens and all their glory are blocked for the time being. The Instructor has pushed the button that we use sometimes when the heavens are too luminescent, and it is hard for us to see each other in this classroom. They weren't like that today -- but the seal still coats the glass because I wasn't paying attention.

Some of the other little souls are disappointed with me. Others are laughing.

I told you so... the little soul to the left communicates to me.

"No talking," say The Instructor. We make eye contact. Before I can defend myself, he looks to the little soul on my left and says, "that means all forms of talking, please."

And with that our lessons continue. We learn about the concept of individualism. How egos can extend from that. How sometimes when little souls go down to earth, they forget that they are all part of the same great being, and in their individual cloak; they become mean to others.

And they don't understand that being mean to others is actually being mean to themselves.

Earth is a complicated mission. Many souls don't come back. But I'm not scared...

"Really?" The Instructor says to me. He looks down at me with a great smile. I can see the heavens dancing in his eyes. Some of his feathers stroke my cheek as he walks through the aisles of the classroom.

Well, maybe I'm a little scared...